Now that you’ve decided not only to redecorate but to hire local painting services to do the work for you, a little careful planning will ensure that you enjoy not only fabulous results, but a headache-free experience!
In order to get the best results, always remember the following:
- Work out your budget – Not all painting services will cost the same, so work out exactly what you have to spend toward labour and materials before you begin hunting for the right contractor.
- Shop Around – Don’t take the first quote you find. Those employed in the decorating industry will be more than happy to take details and maybe even pop by to take a look at your house and give you a free quote for their painting services.
- Ask Questions – Make sure you’re getting a professional service by asking for references, certificates of insurance, and even professional painting bodies they may be registered with, so you don’t end up hiring an unsavoury character.
- Sign a Contract – Don’t rely on a friendly handshake to seal the deal. Any decent painting services company will be happy to provide a contract with all details of the labourers, expectations, costs and guarantees. Read thoroughly before signing!
- Don’t Pay Everything Up Front – A down-payment of up to 20% is usually acceptable; it means materials can be purchased but that you won’t be at risk of a shoddy job. You shouldn’t have to pay until you’re satisfied with the result.
With these tips, you’re sure to find the best painting services for your project.